Home cooked meal whilst travelling are both necessary from a financial point of view but also always the healthier option.
A cooktop in your RV is a must feature.
The Grill/Cook top is an easy-to-use unit. It features either a 2-gas burner, dependent on your choice, and caters to all your cooking needs whether you are a natural chef or a beginner in the kitchen.
Make sure to stock up on fresh or quality frozen vegetables, dry herbs, pantry stock, variety of proteins and lots of practical canned foods (Read, our, What Pantry items to Have in Your RV kitchen)
10 Steps to using and caring for your Grill/Cook Top:
1. Lift lid. Turn off the gas safety feature.
2. You will now be looking at the grill. By using the knobs, look for the ignition switch below the grill/cooktop Unit which is what starts operating the burners.
3. You will now be looking at your 2-gas burners.
4. Choose which burner you want to turn the corresponding knob whilst pushing down on the ignition button.
Set your desired temperature.
5. Close the cooktop AFTER the oven has cooled down.
6. For maintenance of your cooktop/grill. Always scrub and clean food bits before they cook onto the surface. Thus, cleaning your cooktop/grill will be easier. Remember, small cleans along the way are much easier than big cleans later.
7. Also remember, that if you are camping near the ocean or corrosive areas, all metal surfaces need to be cleaned, rinsed and dried thoroughly every week to avoid corrosion.
8. Read our How to Use and Clean Your Kitchen Appliances blog.
DISCLAIMER* This advice is general in nature and we highly recommend that you consult the product manual and where relevant, a professional installer.